non romantic dating ideas - Updating deers for military

It is essential to keep your information up to date in DEERS or you may risk losing military benefits or may even possibly be fined.

You can update DEERS online, by phone, fax, mail or through their military personnel office.

It is the core of the military benefit system – without it, you wouldn’t be able to shop at the commissary, make an appointment at the clinic, or even possibly access a military installation. That means that you have to update your information in DEERS.

updating deers for military-82updating deers for military-29updating deers for military-12

Because servicemembers (including active duty and eligible Reserve and Guard personnel) are automatically enrolled in DEERS, many military families (including the servicemembers) assume that the servicemember's dependents are automatically enrolled as well. Getting spouses, children, and other qualified dependents require a separate step.

If they don’t get registered in DEERS, they won’t be able to enroll in TRICARE or access any of the other benefits to which they’re entitled.

The Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS): DEERS is a computerized database of military sponsors, families and others worldwide who are entitled under the law to TRICARE benefits.

DEERS registration is required for TRICARE eligibility.

To update your DEERS information: * Visit your local uniformed services personnel office or contact the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office (DSO) at 1-800-538-9552.

You can find the nearest uniformed services personnel office at: * Mail the address change to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office, ATTN: COA, 400 Gigling Road, Seaside, CA 93955-6771.

* Go online to Tricare to update your information:

While there are many acronyms to learn in the military, DEERS is one to know by heart.

Verifying and Updating DEERS Information You can verify your DEERS information by contacting your regional TRICARE managed care support contractor, your local TRICARE service center or the nearest uniformed services personnel office (ID card facility).

Sponsors or registered family members may make address changes, however, only the sponsor can add or delete a family member from DEERS, and proper documents are required such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree and/or birth certificate.

For more information, check out the DEERS web page or call 1-800-538-9552.

Tags: , ,